Sunday, September 6, 2009

Spinning Plates

You get one started and think, "this isn't bad at all. What's all the fuss about?" You add another. the first one wobbles a bit. Quick recovery-not a problem-back on track. Unbeknownst to you a smaller plate appears. You really don't want it but it is small, after all how much more trouble could one little plate cause? Another plate is added. Not your choice but, you didn't say "no" either. Oh, did I mention, this plate was a two-for-one. Your sweating now. You get the new ones going, go back and adjust the others. All are a little wobbly, all are still going. And you sweat. And you manage. You scurry from plate to plate. And you worry. You heart is constantly bothered by the plates you aren't spinning. Are you spending enough time? Was that a wobble? with the first plate? Or was it the second? Is it wobbling too much? Will it fall? What happens if it breaks? I just know who will have to clean it up! I hope I can catch that one! I think the third one has a virus! Shit. Now they are ALL wobbling. I think if I just.........damn!

You trip. You are lying on your back lookin up at the plates. Waiting for them to crash down on top of you.

And know what?

They are all still spinning.

Sometimes a friend steps in and helps you spin. Sometimes they just spin on their own. Cuz they can, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment