Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SUMMER DAZE

Mid summer and HOT!! Like cook an egg on the sidewalk hot. Like, melted makeup hot. Like, get up, put on your bathing suit, hot. Like, even the pool water is warm, hot. Like, check on old people, hot. Like, second degree burns from the seatbelt, hot. Like, sleep in the basement, hot.

This is the time I start getting bored with summer and my mind is drifting to the smell of new crayons and photocopies. I love being a teacher. Probably serves some kind of need for acceptance and emotional praise or egotistical tendencies...whatever...I just love it. Each year I meet 20 individuals on a path and I get to witness their growth. An amazing thing. Most people only experience it as a parent. I get to see a little chunk of 20 kids lives and be a part of that growth. Its an awesome feeling. This doesn't even count summer vacation. 6 weeks of projects, vacations and enforced couch potato ing! Just the promise of uninterupted gardening, cook outs, reading, photography, swimming, traveling, sleeping in, DIY home projects and no bedtime is as exciting to me as it is my 13 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment